Hello lovely people of the internet!
Today I wanted to share a quick recipe that is my GO-TO when it comes to making scrumptious treat’s. I have used this cookie dough in several different ways and always have a successful batch of yumminess!
A few weeks back I made these cookies for my husband’s workplace and they all went NUT’S-O over them!!! Asking my husband when I was going to bake more… Hence the name: “promotion cookies” these are super-duper simple and quick! did I mention delicious!
HERE’S THE SHOPPING LIST:
Flour, White sugar, Brown sugar, vanilla extract, Eggs, Baking soda, salt, Smooth peanut butter, Peanut butter chips and Chocolate chips.
PROMOTION COOKIES RECIPE:
BIG batch (because I want you to share with others of course!)
- 4 Stick’s of REAL unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1 and 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 4 1/2 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt (I use pink Himalayan)
- 2 heaping tablespoons of creamy peanut butter
- 1 bag of peanut butter chips (My favorite are Reese’s)
- 1 bag of milk chocolate chips (In love with Ghiradelli)
LET’S DO THIS:
- Put the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in the mixer with the vanilla extract and peanut butter.
- Using another large bowl whisk together you flour, baking soda and salt. (leave it to the side momentarily)
- Using your paddle attachment begin to mix the butter, sugar’s, vanilla and peanut butter on medium speed (right between 4 and 6.. that would mean the invisible 5)
- Slowly add in your eggs one by one.
- Once the wet mixture is all blended slowly add your dry flour mixture.
- After the dough is all incorporated and mixed together, change your mixer to a lower setting and start adding in your chips… A WHOLE BAG of peanut butter chip’s and a WHOLE BAG of milk chocolate chip’s.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough for one hour.
- 20 minutes prior to taking the cookies out of the fridge turn your oven on to: 375
- Using a large dining spoon and fingers… scoop and plop the dough on the ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minute or until the sides start to turn golden brown.
- After taking them out of the oven let them sit on the hot baking sheet for a few minutes then transfer on cookie cooling rack or my personal favorite… Large upside down wooden cutting board. Ha!
- ENJOY and share with a fellow loved one, next door neighbor or even a stranger. They will love you for it!
For and “INSIDE-OUT” Version, simply add 4 tablespoons of chocolate baking coco to the dry ingredients and switch out the chips for white chocolate instead.
TIP: Before plopping and dropping you can also roll them in a mixture of sugar with a dash of salt added because who doesn’t love SALTY SWEETNESS? That’s what I did for the picture below.
Until next project my friends!